Saturday, November 24, 2012

3D Amaryllis Flowers And Pitcher




Hello all my Crafty friends!
I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving with family and friends. 
This is the flower arrangement that I made for my daughter and she LOVED it!

Another First Class svg cutting file from Mary's svgcuts.com site.


Home For The Holidays svg kit

Get this Gorgeous First Class 
"Home For The Holidays Kit"
FREE

I used the Coral Couture paper stack for both the flowers and pitcher. 
First I cut the whole pitcher out in the light cream that you see on the top and bottom rims. Then I placed the accents pieces on the mat so I would get the front of the bird to line up.
You can see the tutorial here

Love the gold bird paper!

Close up of the dark red Amaryllis. 
My paper wasn't double sided so I glued two petal together which made them look and feel more real.



I doubled all the petals and inked them with distressed Tim Holtz inks.

This Amaryllis matches my ribbon accent.



For this flower I only had three of each color left so I made a mixed flower. 
I think it turned out nicely.



I thought some greenery would be nice, so I made my own leaves for my arrangement. I didn't have the dowel for the stems so I used clear hard plastic balloon sticks and they worked out fine.
I also added round colored glass and used a green block of oasis in the bottom of the pitcher, to hold the flowers and leaves in place and add some weight.

Click below for the leaves and flowers scut file.
Enjoy!




 My daughter and I went up to Moskatels craft store in LA, while I was visiting her. Wow, what a large assortment of crafty things! I found this really pretty ribbon that matched one of my flowers and some other ribbon, bells, etc. My daughter bought little birds and berries for her tree. 
We had a terrific day!

This set of leaves are single paper and inked, but seem to flop around instead of standing straight.
The next set of leaves I make will be doubled with wire in between so I can adjust them.

That's it for today my friends!
Have a wonderful weekend and keep checking back for new and exciting creations.


Hugs!


No comments: