Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer Christmas Paper Ornament

Hello my Dear Friend!
 I've been busy getting my craft classes ready for the Holidays. I'm so excited to share all my beautiful Christmas Ornaments with you.
This darling little mini Reindeer ornament is one of many that we will be making in my classes. Also, I just started my very own Meet Up Group here in the high desert. Check it out and if you live around or near me, I would Love to have you join us.  Please leave me a comment, just to say hello :)




You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen!

But do you recall and remember this Ole Fashioned standup reindeer?
Yes, it's Rudolph with his Shinning Nose!




This little guy is soooo cute! He is really really easy and fast to make. So, if you wanted to make a lot for family or friends, it wouldn't take that long. He cuts in four parts, antlers,body and two legs. That's it! Add his eyes and oh, don't forget his Red Nose and Bell, tied with a pretty Red ribbon. You can decorate him in many colors and even add white dots, glitter or whatever your heart desires. Super fun to make!
 My white dots were glue actually..lol I cut him out in white card stock and inked him, After I glued him together. Not a good thing to do!! I was so anxious to see him all together, that I didn't ink him first. I may add a few more dots to even him out...haha


This a view of his legs and body. I just cut slits in the top of his legs and glued it to his body.


Here's one that I haven't decorated yet, but cut in brown paper. 

Such a Cute ornament to make for your tree or share him with all your friends and family. He measures approximately 5" tall x 2 1/2" wide. He can stand up or be hung on a tree or in a window. Great to put on a special gift box or for decoration.
Click on the link below for the large & small sized Reindeer svg scut file

I have a story to share!


I remember my dad cutting this Reindeer out of wood, in the garage for my mother. She gave him the idea and he went to work creating a wonderful wood cutout. This was relaxing for him,after a hard days work, being a Supervisor of large construction buildings. He even remodeled Frank Sinatra's flat in LA and made a Gold Bar top for a prominent Doctor in Palos Verdes. He was very creative and a wonderful craftsman. My mom was a great artist and Loved painting. As you can see, she did a fabulous job on the Reindeer with all the details. 
I have more of their creations that I've tucked away and will be sharing with you.

That's it for today my friends!
Have a wonderful week and keep watching for more adorable Christmas ornaments.

Don't forget to Vote!

When I arrived at my polling place at 7:30 am, the parking lot was empty, except for one car, MINE. I thought, maybe I went to the wrong place. I walked into a Very Large EMPTY room. I said, hey, did everybody sleep in because of the time change??? Ok...Is this Candid Camera and I get to be on TV??  I have Never been the only one to get there first! Besides, they opened at 7:00 am and I thought it would have been packed with all the people that go to work. I told them that I should get a star or something for being the First to arrive and they all laughed.....I could have slept in :)
 Oh well, I voted!

HUGS!






5 comments:

Danielle Kellogg said...

I would like the pattern to your reindeer, but I can't find your email address. Mine is daniellekellogg@yahoo.com if you could send it to me I would be grateful.
Thanks,
Danielle

Linda said...

I also would love the reindeer file, he is so cute.
lindacrew4@gmail.com
and thank you so much.

carolyn said...

HI I would love to have your deer scut file. Could you please send it to camaren at chartermi.net Thanks.

EMTunit31 said...

I would love to have the SVG of the Rudolf standing reindeer. He is adorable. twins6th@yahoo.com

EMTunit31 said...

I never got the SVG of Rudolf. I left a message here and in your email.