Sunday, November 17, 2013

Clara's Christmas Toy Soldier




Hello my friends!
Just peeking in to share this darling Toy Soldier with you.
So fun to make!
I Love Christmas!

I was inspired by Susan's Toy Soldier's.
So cute!


I started out with Mary's "Clara's Christmas kit" using the Nutcracker file. See link below.
As you can tell, I glued his front face panel down too much, showing the open sides. I made this at night and wasn't paying close attention and got carried away with my glue. LOL 
 I created his front red cap in Ecal software, using shapes from the library and welding them together. 
The cap wraps around his hat. Email me if you have any questions and I will be happy to help you if I can.
I will use solid core paper on the next ones, since you can see the white showing in the fold cuts.

This is last years Nutcracker that I made and a couple of Christmas cards from Mary's kits.



 The Nutcracker that I used for my Toy Soldier is from "Clara's Christmas Eve" kit.
http://svgcuts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=330


The Christmas Tree Card is from the "Christmas Cheer kit"
http://svgcuts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=316


The Christmas Bicycle Card is from the "Spirits of Christmas Past kit"
http://svgcuts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=285

Next I created the fringe for the back of his hat and added a silver star.



Side fringe

The leg fringe was also welded and using shapes within Ecal.

I think he turned out so cute and I may make a couple more in different colors. He stands 11" tall.



I hope that I've inspired you today.
That's it for another day my friends.
Have a nice week!
Hugs,
Misty

2 comments:

TRACEY FARR said...

He looks so cute, Misty! Great job!

SusanBluerobot said...

he turned out great. so happy i inspired you