Sunday, March 12, 2017

Fantastic 3D Paper Sculptures Shadow Boxes


Hello my crafty friends!
Spring is in the air and it's in the 90s here in Apple Valley. Yes, its that
time of year again and my tulips and fruit trees are in full bloom. I can't
wait for my roses to start blooming.
A gorgeous time of year!
When Leo from Dreaming Tree posted their NEW Paper Sculptures
I just couldn't resist making these beautiful shadow box creations.
Easy, Fun and Amazing!!

Up first is the Hummingbird shadow box. Leo's instructions calls for
a 12 x 12 wooden shadow box. Well, I didn't have one in my stash, so
I made a  6 x 6 paper shadow box.
The shadow box is from
3DCuts below

 I would also like to create 3dcuts very pretty butterfly shadow box.
Click on the link below for this shadow box
Perfect picture!!
Wish my pictures were as sharp as this one!!

I edited the Shadow box so it was just the shadow box.
I resized my hummingbird and placed it inside the shadow box.
The finished size is 6 x 6.
I love that it has a hanger on top for wall
mounting. I followed Leo's tutorial  using the pop dots to give it dimension
and before I knew it, I had three beautiful mini paper sculptures ready
for hanging.

Next up is my Butterfly paper sculpture. I added the Free
Cricut scrolled Love to the top and made a shadow layer in black.
It fit perfect!


Next up is the Heart paper sculpture. 
They are oh so beautiful in person.

So, if you don't have a 3D shadow box sitting around in your stash,
 you can still make them lovely paper sculptures, using the 3D paper
shadow box and resize your project.

They were so quick and easy to assemble and would make a lovely
gift as a set or single for someone special or to just keep
for yourself.
And with the Free captions below you can
personalize them.

How about a Freebie from Dreaming Tree!!
Spring Captions!



That's it for another day my friends.
Have a happy week and don't forget to Spring Forward.

Many Hugs,
Misty

1 comment:

Liz Moran said...

How do you pop up the Heart, Butterfly and Hummingbird paper sculpture from Dreaming Tree, I can't figure it out.

Liz