Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Hello Kitty Christmas Refrigerator Magnets





Hi crafty friends! 
Today I have these adorable Hello Kitty magnet to share with you.
Are you ready for Christmas? Well, everybody seems to be getting ready
and I couldn't resist making these darling Hello Kitty magnets.

Last week svgcuttingfiles.com had a blog hop and gave away a lot
of Free Hello Kitty cutting files. I just had to make a few into magnets.



Isn't she darling, all ready for baking and to delight someone special on your list!
To begin, I resized her to approximately 6" tall. Then in eCal I put all the pieces together to
form the Kitty. Next, I made a shadow image around her for the base of my magnet. I cut
2 shadow layers out of white poster board and glued them together. Next, I cut 2 more shadow layers in black and glued
them together. You should have four layers glued. Then, your ready to ink and glue each piece in order until she is all finished. Add your details with black or white gel pens and some glitter or bow and she's done and ready for the magnet.
I then turn her over and glue a super strong magnet to the back. 
With all the layers glued together, she is super strong like chipboard and ready to place on someone's
fridge or on a gift box and even in a page layout.


I glued an extra strength round magnet on the back, so it will have a firm grip when
you place it on a fridge. You can use most any type magnet in strips etc. I find that
the extra strength works the best for me.






I bought these at Joann's for around 2.99 a pack. If you find them for less, please let me know. Thanks



This little guy would also make a wonderful magnet and he's Free
over at svgcuttingfiles.com
FREE


You can get the Free file below

That's it my friends for another day.
I hope that I've inspired you today with these darling Hello Kitty magnets. You can view 
more magnets in my older posts.
You can make most any piecing design into a magnet and it's so fun and easy.
Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Misty

No comments: